Councilmember Kenyan R. McDuffie, Chairperson
Committee on the Judiciary
Councilmember Yvette Alexander, Chairperson
Committee on Health and Human Services
Announce a Public Hearing on
Bill 21-0152, the “Prohibition Against Selling Tobacco Products to
Individuals Under 21 Amendment Act of 2015”
B21-0686, the “Sporting Events Smoking and Smokeless Tobacco
Restriction Amendment Act of 2016
Thursday, July 7, 2016, 2:00 p.m.
Room 412, John A. Wilson Building
1350 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20004
- CALL TO ORDER
- OPENING REMARKS
- WITNESS TESTIMONY
- Stuart Berlow, Director of Government Relations for D.C., American Heart Association
- Deborah Brown, President & CEO, American Lung Association of the Mid-Atlantic
- Sarah B. Clauss, American College of Cardiology
- Krishna Upadhya, D.C. Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Ellen Valentino, Executive Director, Mid-Atlantic Petroleum Distributors Association Inc.
- Kirk McCauley, Director of Member Relations and Government Affairs, Washington, Maryland, Delaware Service and Automotive Repair Association
- Nasir Cheema, Owner, Hillcrest BP
- Gail Mates, National Spokesperson, Go Red for Women, American Heart Association
- Bonita Pennino, Government Relations Director, American Cancer Society
- Federico M. Asch, Associate Director, Cardiovascular Core Labs, MedStar Cardiovascular Research Network, Washington Hospital Center
- Janille Thompson, Program Health Educator, Breathe D.C.
- Alisha Thomas, Health Educator, Breathe D.C.
- Carla Williams, Associate Professor of Medicine & Interim Director, Howard University Cancer Center
- Matt Myers, President, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- Kevin O’Flaherty, Director, Northeastern Region, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- Julian Warren, Youth Baseball Player, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- Andrew Jackson, Youth Baseball Player, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- Dominic Smithers, Youth Baseball Player, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
Anjali Talwalkar, MD, MPH, Senior Deputy Director, Community Health Administration, Department of Health