Greetings Ward 5 Community,
As you are aware, Pope Francis will be visiting the Washington, DC area September 22-24, 2015. Please see here a list of road closures, parking and pedestrian restrictions during the Papal visit. For more information regarding the events scheduled, public transportation, as well as governmental services please visit www.pope.dc.gov/. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any additional questions or concerns.
- View a schedule of events for the Pope’s visit to the District
- AlertDC – Sign Up for Alerts HERE!
- DC Government will remain open for business, performing services for District residents.
- DC Public Schools and Public Charter Schools will stay open, unless otherwise announced.
- Residents and visitors are encouraged to use public transportation. Get updates and route adjustments for Metrorail and Metrobus.
- Take a close look at the District’s maps of road closures. If you live or work in an affected area, please build in extra travel time – especially during rush hour.
- The Office of Personnel Management encourages federal employees to telework during the Pope’s Visit.